Diskussion »Vienna paddling info and suggestions«

Diskussion »Vienna paddling info and suggestions«
Bewertung der Diskussion:
  1. Boris Brecelj04.12.12 01:04

Hello!
    Sorry for the use of English language, but my German is more or less only Google Translate good.
    On Friday and Saturday (07.12. & 08.12.) I will be in Vienna and will most probably have my folding kayak with me. On google I have found a Donaukanal trip description. Since I prefer to paddle than shop I would like to make a couple of tours in the two days I have available.
    I was thinking of doing the Donaukanal on one day and Neue Donau on the other day. I plan to use public transportation for getting to the start and return to the city. But I can also go by car if necessary. We will be staying in 3rd Bezirk.
    Since I know nothing about paddling in Vienna, could I ask any of you to be so kind and let me know some basic information - especially if it is allowed to paddle there, where to get in / out, any other or different recommendations as where to paddle, any dangers ...
    And what is the current water level situation.
    I would be most grateful for your help.
    Best regards from Ljubljana,
    Boris

2. TP seit 2005

1616 Posts

Ø Bewertung

wadi aus Niederneukirchen04.12.12 05:12

Ahoi Boris,
    we´ve done this 2 years ago, see the pictures:
    Diashow starten
    We had strong west wind and were very happy about a taxi from the east end of the donauinsel to the alte donau / Gänsehäufel. So we dit it in one day.
    Best contact for folding kayaks in vienna is bölli matthias, I send your text  to him.
    Have a good time,
    Stefan

Bilder

Event RE: Vienna paddling info and suggestions

3. TP seit 2012

1 Posts

Ø Bewertung

Freezer aus Ljubljana04.12.12 10:21

Hi Stefan,
    Thank you for the info. Your post and pictures are of great help. 
    All the best, 
    Boris

4. TP seit 2005

1616 Posts

Ø Bewertung

wadi aus Niederneukirchen04.12.12 20:14

Ahoi Boris,
    appended you will find the detail of the first kilometers of the donaukanal.
    You will see at schwedenplatz the twin city liner, now in winter leaving on saturday, sunday and holiday at 10:00 and returning at 18:30. Be carefull, the twin is driving fast!
    Here the map: maps.google.at/maps?q=schwedenplatz&hl=de&ll=48.211877,16.379414&spn=0.005555,0.012274&sll=48.116835,13.87012&sspn=2.849383,6.28418&t=h&hnear=Schwedenplatz&z=17
    Also take care of the fast streaming ( max 6-8km/h ) and always paddle with the stream.
    Best reguards,
    Stefan

Bilder

Event RE: RE: RE: Vienna paddling info and suggestions

5. TP seit 2006

308 Posts

Ø Bewertung

Liebe Paddler, lt. Info der Schifffahrtsbehörde ist der Donaukanal derzeit gesperrt, weil Arbeiten stattfinden...... und Seile gespannt sind.
    Unser VereinsFeuerwehrkommandant hat das als Info wegen einer Nachtfahrt herausgefunden. Bis Ende Jänner.
    LG
    PS: Vielleicht kann das wer translätn.. bevor ich mich hier in diesem FOrum komplett blamiere.... mein Englisch ist schon 20 Jahre alt.... Danke!

6. TP seit 2006

308 Posts

Ø Bewertung

Bis Ende Dezember gilt das Fahrverbot....
    Grüße
    Gerald

7. TP seit 2012

27 Posts

Ø Bewertung

a member has asked for a translation of his post, and it's an important warning for you:
    the agency for river traffic has announced that the Donaukanal is closed due to work being undertaken - there are ropes/cables strung across the Donaukanal until the end of January

8. TP seit 2005

1616 Posts

Ø Bewertung

wadi aus Niederneukirchen05.12.12 19:34

Dear Gerald,
    my english is older,
    Hi Boris and all,
    I would suggest to come on Sunday August 4th to vienna to take part at the 13/08 Canoe Challenge,
    here pictures from 2012, see all the kajaks and also SUPS,

Sunday august 4th  11:00 Mass-Start, 6km down to the urania ...  then I would suggest add a round throuh viennas donaukanal and neue donau,
    best reguards,
    Stefan

9. TP seit 2006

308 Posts

Ø Bewertung

older vielleicht ... gg 
    PS: Danke für´s übersetzten!

10. TP seit 2005

1616 Posts

Ø Bewertung

wadi aus Niederneukirchen09.12.12 06:59

Good morning Boris and all,
    here what we´ve done on friday, paddeling in Linz,
    see: Diashow starten
    Best: Use the Slimbox, so the pictures are bigger.
    klicken zum vergrössern (Slimbox)
    Best regards,
    Stefan

Bilder

Event RE: RE: RE: RE: Vienna paddling info and suggestions